Local Advertising Instructions
Any AILA member or non-member may post a classified ad for a job opening, position wanted, office space for rent by a Chapter member or moving notice/new contact info on the AILA New England chapter website and via a one-time e-mail to the AILA New England listserve, which will be delivered to all the members of the AILA New England Chapter with email addresses registered with AILA National. The cost is $100.00 for the one-time e-mail and one-month online posting and $200.00 for the one-time e-mail and three-months posting online.
In order to post your ad you must prepay the appropriate amount by check, payable to AILA N.E. Chapter. Mail your check to the Chapter’s Treasurer as follows:
Adrienne J. Vaughan
Law Office of Adrienne J. Vaughan LLC
1895 Centre Street, Suite 202
West Roxbury, MA 02132
2-3 days after mailing your payment, send an e-mail to Adrienne J. Vaughan at adriennejv@ajvimmigrationlaw.
IIIC Seeks Immigration Attorney
IIIC’s immigration attorneys are highly motivated with experience and expertise in immigration and nationality law, and have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. They provide expert legal consultation to clients on immigration and citizenship concerns and manage existing cases, as well as take on new cases.
- Provide immigration and citizenship advice, assistance, and representation to IIIC clients and potential clients within the guidelines established for the Immigration Legal Services program.
- Conduct consultations and new client intakes at neighborhood evening intake clinics as well as on-site clinics at various Boston-area shelters, healthcare facilities, and schools.
- Provide full representation in humanitarian and family-based immigration cases and naturalization.
- Participate in the IIIC’s advocacy efforts.
- Support clients in accessing other IIIC services, for example Wellness, Education and community building.
- Provide client success stories for IIIC’s fundraising activities.
- Participate in team and agency-wide meetings, planning activities, professional development, events, etc. as appropriate.
- Provide reports as required by the Director of Legal Services.
- Perform other tasks as required by the Director of Legal Services.
- Commitment to the overall mission and values of the IIIC.
- J.D. or LL.M. degree with admission to the bar of any state.
- Minimum of two years of experience handling immigration and/or citizenship cases.
- A team player with strong collaboration skills.
- Fluency in Spanish, French, Portuguese or Haitian Creole preferred.
ABOUT THE IRISH INTERNATIONAL IMMIGRANT CENTER
The Irish International Immigrant Center (IIIC) was founded in 1989 by a group of immigrants committed to helping empower immigrants and refugees from more than 120 countries by providing the legal, educational and wellness support they need to build successful lives. Building on our Irish roots of welcoming others, social justice and human rights, we help over 3000 newcomers annually find community, and we stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. America is a nation of immigrants, and despite the current political climate, we are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all. Our vision is of a shared society where all people are welcomed and valued and enjoy equal opportunities and protections. For more information on the Irish International Immigrant Center please visit www.iiicenter.org.
WORKING AT THE IIIC
Our staff of 30 educators, immigration attorneys, social workers, youth workers and others bring enthusiasm and a commitment to our mission and the work at the Center. We work as one team. Our generous
benefits package includes health benefits, 14 holidays, 20 vacation days, 5 sick days, a 403(b) plan and on and off-site time together for fun activities.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Immigration Attorney” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Rolling (we will interview applicants as we receive resumes until the position is filled).
The Irish International Immigrant Center is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunities for all and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, creed or religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. We encourage applications from all those interested and qualified.
Pabian Law seeks Associate Attorney
Sick of commuting into Boston? Come join a corporate immigration law firm that is national in scope, but conveniently just off the Mass Pike in Framingham.
Pabian Law’s corporate immigration law practice continues to expand and we are seeking an Associate Attorney to join our team!
The ideal candidate must have 2-5 years of corporate immigration law experience, including PERM experience, and be admitted to practice law. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail are required to ensure Pabian Law’s standard of providing dedicated service through a responsive, friendly and clear model are upheld. Please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Outside GC seeks Business Immigration Legal Assistant/Paralegal
Outside GC is the nation’s largest provider of on-demand in-house legal counsel services. We provide sophisticated general counsel legal services to companies of all sizes – from start-ups to large multinationals – in a range of industries, including technology, life sciences, media, SaaS, advertising, retail, e-commerce, consumer products/services and others. We are a team of senior business attorneys located in MA, NY, DC and CA, and are experiencing steady growth. Outside GC offers a unique alternative to a traditional law firm or in-house career.
We currently have a flexible and rewarding opportunity for a business immigration legal assistant/paralegal to join our collegial immigration practice team at Outside GC. Position is ideal for someone who appreciates work/life balance. You will support two immigration attorneys approximately 3 days a week in Sharon, MA, and the remainder performed remotely from home as needed. Approximately 20-25 hours/week on average (may be more during immigration busy season and less during quieter times).
Work closely with attorneys to support our dynamic immigration practice. Enjoy extensive case management and eventual client contact responsibilities. More specifically:
- Assist attorneys with initial preparation of nonimmigrant visa petitions, immigrant visa petitions and permanent residents cases, including PERM labor certification applications;
- Prepare and maintain correspondence with clients and government agencies relating to cases;
- Use specialized case management software to enter and manage client data, request and review supporting documentation, monitor deadlines and expirations, and draft immigration forms;
- Assemble and file petition and application packages; and
- Perform related administrative tasks as needed, including file creation and management, liaising with firm’s business operations team, tracking expenses and paying periodic bills to vendors, maintaining and ordering office supplies; and partnering with attorneys to improve processes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- At least 2 years of experience working directly with legal clients or in a law firm setting, and preference given to candidates with business immigration experience;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, including experience with Excel;
- Must be organized, responsive, detail-oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize workload effectively, able to work independently and take ownership for projects, and have excellent follow through skills to meet deadlines; and
- Must live within driving distance of Sharon, MA office and be willing to work in a home office environment, predominantly with two attorneys and a lovable dog.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, no health insurance offered. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Office Space available for rent
Spacious office space; beautiful views of Boston, First class building; 675 Massachusetts Avenue, 9 th Floor, Cambridge, Central Square T; Share larger space with four other lawyers, $1,200.00 month; Additional optional opportunity if interested for someone to develop an immigration law practice and receive work and mentoring from Steve Gutherz, Esq.;
Contact Steve at (617) 868-2030; (617) 694-6618; firstname.lastname@example.org
Northeast Justice Center seeks Legal Aid Staff Attorney – Immigration Unit
Northeast Justice Center, a subsidiary of Northeast Legal Aid, seeks a staff attorney for its Immigration Unit. Bilingual (Spanish-English) strongly preferred. NJC provides free civil legal services to low-income and elderly individuals in Northern Middlesex and Essex counties with offices in Lynn, Lawrence and Lowell. NJC provides services in the following practice areas: elder, immigration, housing, consumer protection, and public benefits. Please send a resume and two references to email@example.com. Equal Opportunity Employer.