Iandoli Desai & Cronin P.C.
is very pleased to announce that
Mary E. Walsh has become a Shareholder
Mary will continue to represent immigrant families as well as colleges, universities, medical facilities, other businesses and their international employees and families. Mary has practiced U.S. immigration law for 14 years and is currently the co-chair of the BBA’s Immigration Committee
Richard L. Iandoli – Prasant D. Desai – Madeline Choi Cronin – Mary E. Walsh
Donal Eoin Reilly – Alison Howard-Yilmaz
Iandoli Desai & Cronin P.C.
38 Third Avenue Suite 100 Boston MA 02129
Global Practice Manager opening at WR Immigration
WR Immigration has an opening for a Global Practice Manager. GPM will be responsible for leading a fast-paced global immigration practice group servicing multinational corporations and individuals in cross-border moves or assignments. Excellent communication, writing and detail-oriented skills are required and the candidate must have a demonstrated track record of providing exceptional client service while working within a high-volume, fast-paced environment. Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. No phone calls please.
Associate Immigration Attorney at Gardini Law
Full-Time position for a full range immigration practice including removal defense, located in Waltham, Massachusetts.
The candidate must work under minimal supervision and must be comfortable dealing with a heavy caseload, must have writing, computer, organization skills and oriented to detail.
Candidate must be comfortable dealing with vast amounts of critical detail, have the ability to write clearly, concisely, and quickly.
Extensive client contact in person, via telephone and email.
The candidate will be attending EOIR-Removal hearings in Immigration Court as well as client’s interviews with USCIS.
No prior experience required, Spanish or Portuguese languages are preferred.
Send resume to email@example.com
Araujo & Fisher seeks Associate Attorney
Araujo & Fisher is an immigration and family law firm based in downtown Boston, MA. We represent immigration clients in family-based, employment-based, humanitarian and removal cases. We also represent individuals before family courts on divorce, custody, separate support, prenuptial agreements and guardianship matters. We are seeking an associate attorney who will assist in all aspects of our immigration law practice.
- Minimum two years experience in immigration law
- Admission to the bar of Massachusetts or ability to waive in
- Conversational Spanish or Portuguese a plus, but not required
Salary based on experience. Benefits include fully-paid health and dental insurance, public transportation benefit, paid sick time and vacation. To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resume submission – application for internship/entry-level position
Please find below an introduction from Mostafa Aitouakrim, with his resume and transcripts attached.
It is with great enthusiasm that I am writing to express my interest in an Internship/Entry-Level position at an immigration law firm and to inquire about the procedure to have my resume posted on “listserv.”
I have completed a fellowship appointment at the Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs and currently awaiting the February 2021 bar examination results.
During the fellowship at the Department of State, I performed the tasks of a Visa Policy Analyst. I liaised between the Department’s Field Operations Office and overseas Posts. I responded to inquiries received from Consular Officers seeking guidance on policy issues prior to visa adjudication.
An Internship/Entry-Level position would be an excellent opportunity to build on my education and experience and develop new skills in a specific area of expertise.
In addition to the LL.M. in tax earned at New York Law School, I received a Master of Laws from Northeastern University School of Law in Boston. I am regarded as a very diligent and thorough worker, possess excellent research and writing skills, and fully fluent in two foreign languages (French and Arabic).
I am excited about the possibility of starting a career in immigration law. I enclosed my resume and transcripts for your review. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Opening for full-time Associate Attorney
Celedon Law has an immediate opening for a full-time Associate Attorney in our office in Marlborough.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- JD degree
- Bar Admission and Member in good standing
- Minimum 3 years of professional legal experience in immigration law
- Strong record of cultural competence and cross-cultural communication skills
- Detail-oriented with exceptional communication and writing skills
- Strong legal research and writing ability, with prior experience preparing motions and memoranda for submission to EOIR
- Ability to manage deadlines and prioritize workload
- Stay current on immigration law developments
- Collaborate with a team of paralegals and attorneys
- Candidate needs to be driven, organized, have ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work independently, and be able to manage deadlines and multiple cases
- Ability to travel by car to the Boston and Hartford Immigration Courts and to various courthouses in Massachusetts
- Provide direct representation to clients in immigration court, on appeal to the BIA or before the probate and family court, district court, and federal court.
- Provide direct representation to persons submitting affirmative applications with USCIS
- Perform legal research; formulate legal strategies; conduct client interviews; appear before immigration and/or state court or agencies; and draft and file court pleadings and applications for benefits.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Please send a letter of interest, contact information for three professional references, and an original writing sample of no more than 10 pages to email@example.com
Business Immigration Attorney at WR Immigration
WR Immigration has an opening for an attorney with 2 to 4 years of business immigration experience, including in depth PERM experience, as well as strong experience in a broad range of nonimmigrant categories. Excellent communication, writing and detail-oriented skills are required and the candidate must have a demonstrated track record of providing exceptional client service while working within a fast-paced environment. Candidate must be a member of the Massachusetts bar. Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. No phone calls please.
Iandoli Desai& Cronin P.C. seeks a business immigration paralegal
Immigration Paralegal, Boston, MA – Iandoli Desai & Cronin P.C. seeks a business immigration paralegal for a full-time, 40 hrs/week position. We are dynamic seven attorney immigration law firm serving professionals, businesses, and academic institutions. Our clients are leaders in medicine, engineering, bio-technology, and academia. Our paralegals primarily:
- Assist attorneys in the preparation and filing of employment based immigrant (EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3) and nonimmigrant (H-1B, E-3, TN, L-1A, L-1B, O-1, E-1/E-2) petitions and supporting documentation;
- Assemble petitions and application packages for attorney review;
- Communicate with individual clients, HR representatives and government agencies;
- Help our firm’s clients gather necessary information/documents for filings;
- Use specialized Case Management software to monitor deadlines and expirations and draft petitions and applications;
- Draft support letters and other documents;
- Track client communications and government correspondence; and,
- Additional administrative duties may include: answering phones, scheduling appointments, generating invoices, filing, and other ad hoc tasks
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and at least two years of previous business immigration work experience.
- Excellent writing, computer, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills due to the time-sensitive nature of many of our firm’s filings.
- A commitment to customer/client service is essential.
- Knowledge of a foreign language is helpful but not required.
No JDs, LLBs, LLMs, or current/matriculating law students please. Exclusively working via telecommuting/work-from-home is not feasible for this position, as we are in-office on a rotating basis during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please email résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with “immigration paralegal” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Absolutely no recruiters. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Law Office of George D. Hepner, III is seeking a fulltime Receptionist
The Law Office of George D. Hepner, III is a small, private, high volume immigration practice specializing in all areas of immigration law.
The Law Office of George D. Hepner, III is seeking a full time Receptionist to manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our firm. Duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome the clients who visit the business. You will coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and time management skills are essential for this position.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Complete new client intake procedures
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls and schedule appointments accordingly
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Ensure reception and common areas are tidy and presentable
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying and scanning
- Accurately and correctly label all client documents and client files in the appropriate client folders
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail and deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
- Maintain and order front office supplies and inventory
- Arrange travel and accommodation arrangements and reservations, when necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent spelling and accuracy with a high level of attention to detail
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. printer, scanner, copier)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent customer service skills
- High school degree
Schedule: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Masking is required in all office common areas. Upon arrival to the Office, employees and guests are required to use the thermal imaging thermometer.
Work Location: Westbrook, Maine
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Fluency in another language such as French, Portuguese or Spanish, is preferable but not essential
Previous work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or in a similar role, is preferable but not essential
Please submit a cover letter and your desired hourly rate, together with your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to undertake a short test at the time of your interview such as typing skills, spelling and accuracy.
We will conduct a background search to ensure no criminal history.
Tadmor & Tadmor, LLP seeks Immigration Attorney
Immigration Attorney (Newton Center, MA). We are hiring an attorney for our Newton Center, MA headquarters. Our office is steps away from public transportation and immediate access to I-90 and I-95. We are located in downtown Newton Center within walking distance of many restaurants and other amenities.
Tadmor & Tadmor, LLP is a medium size immigration law firm with nearly 30 years of immigration experience. We have a broad local and national immigration practice focusing on both employment and family-based immigration. The Immigration Lawyer will assist partners with all immigration matters. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience in employment and/or family-based cases.
- Assess eligibility of clients for nonimmigrant and immigrant status.
- Assist in the preparation of family and employment-based immigration petitions for submission to USCIS, DOL, EOIR.
- Communicate with clients, track deadlines.
- Recordkeeping and document preparation.
- Assist in responding to requests for evidence issued by USCIS.
- Discuss and provide updates to both individual and corporate clients.
Local Advertising Instructions
Any AILA member or non-member may post a classified ad for a job opening, position wanted, office space for rent by a Chapter member or moving notice/new contact info on the AILA New England chapter website and via a one-time e-mail to the AILA New England listserve, which will be delivered to all the members of the AILA New England Chapter with email addresses registered with AILA National. The cost is $100.00 for the one-time e-mail and one-month online posting and $200.00 for the one-time e-mail and three-months posting online.
In order to post your ad you must prepay the appropriate amount by check, payable to AILA N.E. Chapter. Mail your check to the Chapter’s Treasurer as follows:
McHaffey & Nice, LLC
176 Federal Street, Ste. 502
Boston, MA 02110
2-3 days after mailing your payment, send an e-mail to the Treasurer at TreasurerAILANE@gmail.com with the content for the ad – exactly as you want it to appear in the e-mail and/or posted on the website. You must be specific and concise in your e-mail as to where you want responses sent and what you want the ad to say. AILA NE Chapter will not edit or review the ad so please proofread your material. The ad will be posted upon receipt of your payment.